A performance-focused SUV, the ultra-luxury 2019 Maserati Levante Trofeo, makes stormy waves at the New York Auto Show. Let’s check out its pros and contras.
1. It’s Maserati’s first ever SUV. Looking fairly well, let’s face it.
2. At that point, the Levante Trofeo is the most powerful and the fastest in the lineup. Not just kidding, under the hood the stunning SUV is powered by a 3.8-liter biturbo V8 rocket built by Ferrari.
3. Facts and figures: it puts out 538 lb-ft of torque and 590 horsepower, fights off a wind resistance all the way up to its 187 miles per hour top speed and runs from standstill to 60 miles an hour in 3.7 seconds.
4. Performance still plays a pivotal role – the Levante Trofeo is claimed to feature a 50:50 weight distribution across the axles and a ‘Corsa’ (it means “Race” in Italian) diving mode – in case if you could – and should! – take it to the track. To sweeten the deal, there is an Off-Road mode, lowerable air suspension and standard all-wheel-drive.
5. To enhance the absurdly powerful SUV party, Maserati will offer 22-inch forged aluminum matte-finish wheels, a carbon fiber aero kit, LED headlights, red brake calipers, glossy carbon fiber exterior bits and twin bonnet vents.
6. Inside, matte carbon interior trim, several exclusive stitching and natural leather colors including tan, black and red are some of the interior stuffing that comes standard with the base price. Pricing will be revealed later, but it won’t perfectly come cheap.